We are pleased to invite researchers and graduate students to submit paper abstracts for general sessions of IVRJ 2020. Papers on any subjects in the areas of legal philosophy, political philosophy, ethics, and applied ethics in a broad sense are welcome, but papers on topics related to the conference’s theme, “East Meets West: Justice, Law, and Politics,” are particularly considered.
Authors are invited to submit paper abstracts through the EasyChair submission system. Please create an EasyChair account and fill in the submission form no later than the 31st of May, 2020. Each participant can submit one paper abstract at maximum, whether single-authored or coauthored. In the provisional time framework, each presenter in a general session is requested to make a presentation within 20 minutes, followed by discussion in 10 minutes. Please note that the presentation time might be adjusted, depending on the number of presenters in a session.
Panel proposals on any topics in legal philosophy, political philosophy, ethics, and applied ethics are also welcome. The time slot of panel is one hour and a half. If you want to organize a panel, please fill in the submission form no later than the 31st of May.
The result of selection of paper and panel proposals will be released by June 30th, 2020. All accepted proposals will be posted in the conference’s website a few weeks before the conference.
* Some of those who are thinking about applying for IVRJ 2020 might be concerned about the possible impacts that the current Wuhan coronavirus crisis may have on the conference. Considering such concern, we decided to extend the deadline for submission from the 15th of April to the 31st of May in order that the deadline comes long after the crisis passes. (February 28, 2020)
We have a plan to publish selected papers in a special issue of some international journal published by a Western publisher. Paper submissions on any topics in legal philosophy, political philosophy, ethics, and applied ethics are welcome, but papers related to the conference’s theme, “East Meets West: Justice, Law, and Politics,” will be particularly considered. A participant in general session or panel may submit only one paper, whether single-authored or coauthored, for publication. For your paper to be considered, it should meet all of the following conditions:
- A submitted paper consists of 4,000 words at minimum and 6,000 words at maximum, including notes.
- It follows the paper submission guideline of Archiv für Rechts- und Sozialphilosophie (ARSP).
- It is not published in any journal or submitted to any other anthology or journal.
- It does not include any information that indicates the identity of its author(s).
- It is submitted to the conference’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than the 30th of November, 2020.
Please note that the submission of a paper submission is not required for presentation at the conference, but if you want to do so, you can submit it, which then will be posted in the conference website. We particularly welcome paper abstract submissions and panel proposals made by women and members of underrepresented groups.